Thursday, May 3, 2012

My Take on Everything You Know About Native Americans is Wrong

I just realized that I have yet to blog about the awareness event that we did the other week.  Let me just start out by saying that I was so amazed and happy that everything went so well and that everyone was so willing to participate and help educate people that were unaware of Native Americans.  Secondly, I was so happy that people got something out of the event.  They learned information that they probably would'v never known if they didn't come to the event.

I was honestly shocked with how little people knew of Native Americans. I mean looking back to the first day of class I did not know quite that much either, but now that I do, I want to actually tell people and let them know all of the things that this class has taught me.  And that is why I am so glad that we did that event, because it truly did educate people and helped them see that everything you know about Native Americans is wrong.  The event helped prove a point that no matter what color your skin or hair is, no matter how short or how tall you are, you could be a Native American.  I think the event really opened up the eyes of the people that came, and I just hope that they too share the knowledge that they gained from coming to the event and educate other people.  I hope that they help them see that Native Americans are not just stereotypes or people that have disappeared.

No comments:

Post a Comment